Find us on Google+ A Homestead Tour | DIVERSE CULTURAL AND INDONESIA VACATION SPOTS

A Homestead Tour

type='html'>


On the way to a day outing to the beach last week, we stopped by to visit my homesteading friends, Jeff, Taryn and Bracken on their place up the Siuslaw River. They are some of my favorite, inspiring people in this world, and it is always a treat to have a visit with them and see what they have been up to on their land. Between raising their son, making and selling art with their online and local Saturday Market businesses, Mystic Orb and Wooly Moss Roots, and sharing their inspiring writings with the world on the Wooly Moss Roots blog, they are some seriously productive folks who always shine their light and improve the world with their endeavors. I always make sure to stop by when we are out that way and I love seeing what they have done since the last visit. This time, our young friend Bracken decided he was old and able enough to give us the tour.


When we arrived, the first thing he showed us was the coastal huckleberry he had just picked (one of the first three of the season!) and was holding onto like a precious treasure to show off to the world. It was a very fine huckleberry I must say. Apparently he is growing up into quite the forager with good mushroom hunting and berry picking skills.


Then we got to see the earth superhero cuffs (re-purposed toilet paper tubes) both as fashion accessories and holders of garden soil. Meanwhile, mama Taryn showed us the garden filled with wonderful veggie, culinary herbs and dyeing herbs. They had indigo, wode, and a whole assortment of other things I had only heard about but never had a chance to see in someone's garden.


We took lots of breaks for silliness and fun, because all that homestead touring is sure hard work!


I am grateful to have  friends who get as excited about their blueberry plants and new chicken coop plans as I imagine some other folks out there get about their televisions or sports teams. What varieties of mint you're growing and what creative projects you've been working on are the stuff of real importance as far as I'm concerned, and I love the conversations that spring up around these things. Even though we all seem to keep busy with our endeavors at lives made from scratch, it's so good to say Hello and be in such good company.


As we were heading off, I shared some hardboiled quail eggs and folk music CD's I copied for their family. By all the smiles, I think they will be enjoyed. I will look forward to the next time I see my friends and get another homestead tour.

I have heard it said that good friends are treasures.

I'm sure I am rich.

Blog, Updated at: 11:56 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment