Find us on Google+ "What Are You Anyway, Some Kind of Granola?": A Mountain Hearth Gluten-Free Granola and Yoghurt Recipe | DIVERSE CULTURAL AND INDONESIA VACATION SPOTS

"What Are You Anyway, Some Kind of Granola?": A Mountain Hearth Gluten-Free Granola and Yoghurt Recipe

type='html'>





There is something very wonderful about a bowl of granola with yoghurt and some crunchy toppings. You throw on a handful of nuts or berries, a spoonful of jam or maple syrup, and a sprinkle of bee pollen, and you have a tasty breakfast, snack or dessert. It is also very good to eat plain, just on it's own. What I have discovered is even better is homemade granola and yoghurt. It's simple, delicious, and it helps stretch out the grocery budget.






I've been making yoghurt lately from the raw milk we've been buying, and I decided it was time to make my own granola to eat with it. I looked at all the granola recipes in all my cookbooks, and every one called for lots of ingredients I just didn't have. Plus, I needed to make it gluten-free so my son could eat it too. In The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook, I finally found a recipe I could work with and change to suit my pantry and family dietary restrictions. Here is my new improved recipe:



Mountain Hearth's Gluten-Free Granola

Mix together:

3 cups Bob's Redmill Certified Gluten-Free Oats

1 1/2 cups corn and/or rice flour

1 cup sunflower seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.

1/2 cup shredded coconut


Heat together and stir into oat mixture:

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup olive oil

1 tsp vanilla


Spread out evenly on two cookie sheets and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown (golden brown has been at 20 minutes for me). Turn with a spatula several times during baking. Cool. Stir in raisins, diced dried fruit, chopped dates, etc. Store in an airtight container.





Nourishing Traditions Yoghurt Recipe
(makes 1 quart)
1/2 cup good quality plain yoghurt

1 quart whole milk

a candy thermometer


Heat the milk slowly to 180 degrees and allow to cool to 110 degrees. Stir in yoghurt and place in quart mason jar with a lid. Wrap in wool blanket in a cooler and keep in a warm place overnight. Transfer to the refrigerator and you've got yoghurt!

Blog, Updated at: 10:53 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment