Find us on Google+ For the Love of Lavender | DIVERSE CULTURAL AND INDONESIA VACATION SPOTS

For the Love of Lavender

type='html'>


With the mornings and evenings getting chilly, I decided it was time to bring some herbs indoors and begin Autumn nesting. My mother brought me all of her lavender she had harvested in her garden when she was here for a visit, which was good since my few plants aren't very established yet, and I began tying up little bundles and hanging them wherever I could find a good spot. I put it in vases mixed with dried wheat, I re-filled some sachets in my drawers, and pretty soon the house smelled amazing. I love the smell of lavender.


I snipped bundles of a few other herbs and hung them to dry in the kitchen. Usually by the end of September, with all the harvesting and gleaning I do, food is piled in baskets, displayed in canning jars, and drying all around. These bundles of herbs are the visible beginning (I say visible because there are really other things I have put up, they're just in the freezer or pantry and not spilling out all around the kitchen.)


Little by little, I will be bringing all the outdoor things inside that I want to cozy up indoors with for the winter. I'm getting my firewood ready (more on that later), planning fall garden crops and laying out projects, and watching those pumpkins turn golden orange.  Looking around at all the ripe fruit and abundance of the land, I am excited to be heading into my favorite season.

On we go into Autumn.

Blog, Updated at: 10:11 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment